The best and most compelling natural light can always be found during sunrise and sunset. In photography circles, we call this time of day " Golden Hour." Most weather apps today contain beneficial information about the exact time of the golden hour, but they usually don't include the best viewing location. During golden hour you small window of time to photograph your subject and the last thing you want to do is waste your time.
On a recent trip to the US Virgin Islands, I used a very useful called "Golden Hour." This app not only gives accurate times for sunrise and sunset. It also provides the best location for viewing golden hour. You can also set daily notifications for nautical twilight, astronomical twilight, and civil twilight. It can store multiple areas and notifications for golden hour, or you can just use your current location setting if you happen to be in an unfamiliar place. I found this app to be beneficial fast and straightforward to use and think you will too.
- Find time of sunrise and sunset
- Find duration of the civil, nautical and astronomical twilights, "golden" and "blue" hours
- Enjoy simple and easy-to-use interface
- Work offline without internet connection
- Track all your favorite cities
- Set up notifications for upcoming sunrises, sunsets or golden hours