Sigma announced their game changing 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM | Art Lens APS-lens, the first telephoto zoom lens with a constant f/1.8 aperture. I personally own Sigma 18-35mm Art lens and have nothing but praise for this lens. With an affordable price tag of $1009.00 this is going to be the go to default zoom APS-lens for many photographers and videographers.
- Lens Construction 21 Elements in 15 Groups
- Angle of View31.7-16.2º
- Number of Diaphragm Blades9 (Rounded)
- Mininum Aperturef16
- Minimum Focusing Distance37.4 in
- Filter Size (mm)82mm
- Maximum Magnifications1: 6.7
- (Diameter x Length)3.7x6.7 in
- Weight52.6 oz
- Corresponding Mounts
- Sigma DC HSM
- Nikon DC HSM
- Canon DC HSM
KANAGAWA, JAPAN — February 23, 2016 – Sigma Corporation of America, a leading DSLR lens, camera, flash and accessories manufacturer, today announced the addition of two high-performance APS-C format lenses to the Sigma Global Vision product line: Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Lens and the Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens.
“Sigma’s aim is to provide high-performance lens options that lead with innovation and break new boundaries for every photographic scenario our customers can dream up,” states Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “These new lenses build on Global Vision’s great IQ technology and reflect this goal, delivering immense value, quality and performance that the Sigma brand is known for.”
Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
Building on the groundbreaking Sigma Global Vision 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Lens, the new Sigma 50-100 F1.8 (75-150mm on 35mm format) mid-range zoom lens embodies the same engineering prowess to deliver outstanding prime lens-like results. Factoring in the APS-C image circle of 1.5x, the 50-100mm F1.8 covers three popular short tele prime focal lengths: 85mm, 105mm and 135mm. Like the 18-35mm F1.8, the new 50-100mm F1.8 maintains a constant F1.8 aperture yielding exceptional brightness and resolution throughout the zoom, while simultaneously maintaining focus as the lens is zoomed, a feature videographers will greatly appreciate.
Sigma Art Line Image Technology Innovation
- Features three FLD (F Low Dispersion) glass elements, one SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element, and one high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass element to minimize aberrations.
- Redesigned and enhanced, the new Hyper Sonic Motor is 30% slimmer and provides fast and accurate AF.
- Highly durable polycarbonate diaphragm made with fluorine; blades feature carbon feather film offering exceptionally smooth operation even during continuous shooting.
Outstanding Zoom Lens Maneuverability
- Inner focusing and zoom design offer versatile shooting options
- Tripod socket for stable, comfortable operation
- Features 21 elements / 15 groups, Minimum Aperture: F1.6, 82mm filter thread, Minimum Focus Distance: 37.4in, Dimensions: 3.7×6.7, Weight: 52.6oz